Hockliffe Street Baptist Church
Hockliffe Street Baptist Church (known as ‘HSBC’ long before the initials were used elsewhere!) is a family-friendly church of around 200 people, based in Leighton Buzzard town centre. People come to us from many backgrounds and situations in life - young and old, employed and unemployed, single and married, successful and struggling with life. You will find folk here from complete beginners to long-established Christians.
Church is the people not the place, so we respond to the good news that Jesus is our Lord by sharing our lives with others. We run mid-week fellowship groups where we can do this.
We believe our Lord has asked us to:
- Be truthful about what Christianity means, not making stuff up but learning from Him
- Be aware that He wants to be near us all the time, whether in worship or in helping others.
- Avoid being stuffy and old-fashioned. He never is so why should we.
- Build deep, honest and meaningful relationships with people inside and outside the church
- Reach out to others with the good news that Jesus changes lives and brings hope.
After attending for a year and praising our Lord Jesus Christ i was baptised it was overwhelming and a fantastic service it will live with me for ever God has worked through all the staff and the great work off the elders i.e. produce wonderful services so much to learn come along please
I went along to the carol concert at Hockliffe Street Baptist Church last christmas and immediately felt so welcome. The atmosphere was lovely and everyone was so friendly! It made me want to come back and learn more about Christianity and God!
Obviously a testimonial for a church could be quite intense! I have been worshipping here 8 years and not a day goes by I don't celebrate that fact. If you are looking for answers to all the hard questions - come along!
Add a testimonial
No events yet.