Vandyke Upper School
These are exciting times at Vandyke. The following illustrate the school's continuing success in raising student achievement and living up to our proud tradition that "Everyone Matters".
- In 2007 the school recorded its best ever exam results at GCSE and A Level. In 2008 GCSE results were improved again to become outstanding.
- A Level results were again very strong with 99% pass rate.
- OFSTED inspected the school in December 2006 and judged the school to be "good, improving and ambitious".
- A major programme of refurbishment was completed in Spring 2008 to provide outstanding study/library, PE, Drama and Music facilities and the ground-breaking Vandyke Café that brings the high street café culture into school.
- Vandyke was recognised nationally as a leading Specialist Sports College through our invitation to become a Partnership School and our participation in Dreams+Teams.
- We achieved again the prestigious Charter Mark for customer service, the only school in Bedfordshire to hold this award.
- The school's work encouraging healthy lifestyles was recognised through the Healthy Schools Award and Vandyke staff and students featured at the National Healthy Schools conference in March 2007.
- Student trips took place to USA, South Africa, France, Germany and Poland.
- Sixth Form students gained places on a wide range of degree courses including at the universities of Oxford and Cambridge.
- The range of student leadership opportunities continues to grow and Student Voice activity across the school is held up as a model of good practice.
We continue to build on successes and have set challenging targets again this year for examination performance and to improve further the quality of our students' experience and the opportunities available to them.
No testimonials yet.
Add a testimonial
No events yet.